STEAM in ECEC Workshop – delivered over two nights in Monaghan Institute (H18 FY94)
Monday 11th & Tuesday 12th March 2024, 6pm-9pm. **Participants must attend both evenings.
Take part in this engaging and FREE CPD workshop hosted by National Childhood Network & Monaghan Institute.
Learn about how and why to incorporate science, technology, engineering, the arts and maths (STEAM) in your ECEC practice.
What will this workshop cover:
- What is STEAM and why is it important to ECEC practice?
- Strategies to incorporate STEAM using resources you already have.
- Unplugged technology in the ECEC environment.
- Hands-on Interactive STEAM activities.
- Incorporating STEAM into the Aistear curriculum framework.
- STEAM in an emergent and inquiry, play based curriculum.
All Participants will receive a training pack.
This workshop is free of charge as it forms part of an ongoing PhD research project.
Participants will be required to complete a short survey before and after the workshop.
Participants may be asked to take part in a focus group approximately 1 month after taking part, however participants are not obliged to be a focus group participant to attend the workshop.
Facilitator : Paula Walshe, DkIT
This event is fully booked.